Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Don't Stop Believin'

Life is catching up with me. I'm starting to get in the swing of things with school. It's a lot of work and takes up a huge chunk of my free time (which let's be real, is damn near non-existent). I'm still on track with my diet, there are days that could have been better, but I'm proud of myself. What I'm struggling with the most right now is making the time to plan and prepare my meals. I've gotten lazy and find myself eating a lot of the same things. I'm ok with it for now, but I know eventually I'm going to sick of it. I'm getting a head of myself, though and I need to continue to take life one day at a time.

I weighed myself on Monday morning. I lost another 4.5 pounds for a grand total of 6 pounds! I am really pleased with that. I know that I am not in any kind of race, but I can't wait until my total pounds lost is a two-digit number. It's so motivating to keep going. I feel better already. I really do. I know a lot of it is that I'm putting better and less things in my body but I don't feel nearly as bloated as I did before. I'm eating a lot less too. The first week especially I had to stop myself or portion out exactly what I should eat. Now I'm getting full on much less food than I would have before. It feels really good.

Even though I am tired, miss spending time with my family, have had to cancel plans with friends, am desperately craving some "me" time and can get cranky here and there, I am really happy that I've started to lose weight and remain motivated. I may not have the same level of enthusiasm as I did two weeks ago, but I'm not quitting.

1 comment:

  1. Ups and downs.... ups and downs.... makes for a more interesting ride!

    ReplyDelete