Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back In The Saddle Again

It's been a while since I have posted. Don't worry, I didn't quit! It's been so busy in my world. Last week I had some major work deadlines I was up against and we went out of town for my husband's birthday this past weekend.

Last week was stressful and I could have handled the stress better, but I didn't cave. I did however, weigh myself. I was having a tough time and hoped the scale would give me good news. It did. I was down 4 pounds by Thursday or Friday. Then we went out of town. We went to a one horse town with a general store, restaurant and saloon. I'm sure you can guess what our weekend consisted of. Yes. Eating and drinking and just hanging out with our friends. I didn't totally stay on track but I didn't burn the wagon either. I brought some food with us and ate that instead of some of the delicious and unhealthy options we had. I didn't stay away from beer but I didn't drink like a fish. Honestly, I think I did a pretty good job and didn't completely lose sight of what's important to me.

I've decided that I want to and will weigh myself weekly. Monday mornings. I think I already know this is going to be a long journey. I need the little lost pounds of motivation along the way. I weighed myself yesterday morning and the weekend did catch up with me but it did not completely take away my hard work that week. I have lost 1.5 pounds. Not the greatest number, I know, but I will gladly take it. If I had really stuck to my plan I am sure it would have been more, but I was spontaneous enough, enjoyed myself and still lost weight. I am really cool with that.

Now that I'm back to reality I am completely back on track. This week is a little chaotic for me, I must admit. Being gone all weekend didn't allow me the time to grocery shop and prepare meals. I also go back to school, full-time, in addition to my full-time job. Thinking about everything makes me anxious but I remind myself to take everything one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment