Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Blinders

This week I started really trying to look at life one day at a time. I think it's helping. I don't feel as overwhelmed as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I still stress, but I don't let it eat at me.

This whole eating/drinking healthy and smaller portions is not as difficult as I thought, either. I mean, in terms of my willpower. I still have to plan and prep but my mind is not getting the best of me this time. I actually have been craving cottage cheese and tomatoes. Cottage cheese used to totally gross me out. I crave fresh salads full of vegetables. It's awesome. I do always want something sweet after lunch but I just remind myself of my mission and drink some more water.

I still have a long day a head of me (I go to school after work until 8:30pm). I know that I would have a much harder time, energy and focus wise, if I was still eating and drinking like crap and eating meat. It's been a while since I've actually gone to classes in person (I've done a lot of online courses) and I was struggling a lot more than I am now. I'm still exhausted when I get home, but I'm not totally done before I even get there. Maybe it's just my new attitude. Maybe both.


2 comments:

  1. I think it is a little of both.... it is amazing how our mind can control our bodies.... whether it is a reaction or healing..... I am a firm believer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! It's hard to always stay positive but the proof is in the pudding :)

    ReplyDelete